This thematic dj mix is a retrospective of the United State’s rich musical and cultural history set to hip hop beats. Highlighting music from the early 20′s to 60′s jazz, this set foregrounds vintage soundtracks, radio shows, and sampling to bring a contemporary electronic mix.Old Time Jukebox II
About Jason D. MacLeod
Collection of works by socio-legal theorist and musician. Learn more
- The Belo Monte Dam: Social Movements, Law and State Repression
- The Belo Monte dam project in the Brazilian rainforest is a paradigmatic example of development at any cost. While the dam will be the third largest in the world and provide electricity to industry and citizen, the environmental and social impacts are astounding. Thirty years have nearly passed since the Brazilian government first presented its […] Read more – ‘The Belo Monte Dam: Social Movements, Law and State Repression’.
- Citizenship Rights in Times of Disaster: The Ethics of International Intervention
- Natural disasters cause significant environmental change and societal costs while devastating the lives of its victims. The number and power of extreme weather events are forecasted to increase with the advent of climate change. The average yearly death count caused by natural disasters between 2002–2011 was 107,000 and those affected was 268 million (CRED 2013). […] Read more – ‘Citizenship Rights in Times of Disaster: The Ethics of International Intervention’.
- Counter Narrating the Violence of Hegemony in Climate Change Conflicts
- Climate change, extreme poverty and conflict emerge from social relations based in fear, selfishness, hatred and ignorance. To transform the inherent destructive powers of these relations requires a confrontation with governments, corporations, and individuals committed to following the same scripts that benefits the privileged minority while billions suffer the consequences. This project demands a battle […] Read more – ‘Counter Narrating the Violence of Hegemony in Climate Change Conflicts’.